Great Health Tip of the Day: Quick & Nutritious Snacks for Kids
With Spring officially here, your kids are probably more active than ever! With sports practice, community groups, and Scouts, it may seem like there is no time to sit down to a proper meal. Try one of these delicious kid-friendly snacks packed with nutrition to keep them going.
- Peel a banana and dip it in yogurt. Roll in crushed whole grain cereal and freeze.
- Stuff a whole grain pita with ricotta cheese and apple slices. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and enjoy.
- Make snack kabobs by putting low-fat cheese and grapes on a pretzel stick.
- Toss dried fruit and nuts with instant oatmeal.
- Fill a waffle cone with cut-up fruit and top with low-fat yogurt.
- Make mini pizzas by toasting a whole grain English muffin and topping with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together peanut butter and cornflakes in a bowl. Shape into balls and roll in crushed graham crackers.
For more great tips, visit http://www.eatright.org/nutritiontipsheets/ and link to 25 Healthy Snacks for Kids.