Great Health Tip of the Day: Eat All Your Veggies Day!
Yesterday was “Eat All Your Veggies” Day. In addition to finishing all the veggies on your plate (hopefully you serve you and your family generous portions!), try adding them to foods you may not otherwise.
- Add some finely chopped greens, carrots, or other veggies to chilis and soups.
- Grate zucchini, carrots, or broccoli into casseroles, meatloaf, and quick breads.
- Load up your sandwich with spinach, tomatoes, and sprouts for a refreshing crunch.
- Try black bean brownies!
- Make cauliflower pizza crust.
- Add pureed broccoli or cauliflower to pasta sauce. Or chop them in 1 inch pieces for a chunky sauce.
- Thicken soups with pureed potatoes—use sweet potatoes for an extra kick.
- Add spinach or other dark leafy greens to your favorite smoothie.