Recipes: Caprese Crostinis
December 16, 2013
- One Italian Baguette Sliced 1/2 inch on the bias
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin, about 1/2 inch
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- Fresh Basil, 1/4 cup sliced thin (shred)
- Olive oil, for brushing bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill plate over medium-high heat.
- Brush one side of sliced bread with oil.
- Place oil side down onto grill plate and grill just until grill marks appear and toasted.
- Flip and toast lightly on other side.
- Place mozzarella on crostini followed by slice of tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish with shredded basil.
Harmonsgrocery.com Blog http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/blog/