Recipes: Chocolate Coconut Pecan Haystacks
December 16, 2013
Chocolate Coconut Pecan Haystacks
- 12 oz. semisweet or milk chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups, sweetened coconut toasted
- 1 1/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- In large sauté pan on medium high heat toast coconut until browned and crisp. Pour into large mixing bowl.
- In same sauté pan toast pecans until lightly brown and fragrant. Add to coconut.
- In small sauce pan on low heat melt chocolate, stirring consistently. When smooth pour over coconut.
- Once coconut is toasted and chocolate is melted, stir the coconut and pecans into the chocolate, mixing until coconut and pecans are entirely coated with chocolate.
- Using a small teaspoon, drop small spoonfuls of the candy onto the prepared sheet or into decorative muffin wrappers.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until the chocolate is set.
Harmonsgrocery.com Blog http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/blog/