Recipe: Chocolate S’mores Crème Brûlée
February 12, 2014
Chocolate S’mores Crème Brûlée
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 10 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 6-8 oz. good quality dark chocolate
- Mini marshmallows
- Graham cracker crumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. In medium saucepan, heat cream and half the sugar to a scald (bubbles around the edge). Whisk in dark chocolate.
- 3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar together until slightly pale.
- 4. Temper the chocolate cream into the egg yolks slowly at first, then quickly.
- 5. Place ramekins onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- 6. Pour prepared custard into ramekins, filling 2/3 full. Place baking sheet in oven.
- 7. Pour hot water into baking pan halfway up the side and cover with foil.
- 8. Bake for about 25 minutes or just until set. Careful not to brown or cook at high heat. The eggs will curdle.
- 9. Cool ramekins slightly on counter. Cover and cool in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- 10. To serve, cover the top of Crème Brûlée with graham cracker crumbles.
- 11. Layer mini marshmallow over top of graham crackers and Brûlée with torch.
- 12. Serve immediately.
Harmonsgrocery.com Blog http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/blog/