Recipe: Bananas Foster
March 3, 2014
Great for Mardi Gras!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- ½ c heavy cream
- ½ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe with a few spots bananas
- ½ cup dark rum (I prefer Goslings or Kraken)
- Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving
- Four pack of Dutch Waffles (stroopwafels)- optional
- In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Add brown sugar and increase heat to high. Stir and cook until it starts to bubble. Add the cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon and combine with sugar and butter. Peel the banana and cut into long pieces on a bias.
- Carefully add the rum and bring to a bubble. Slightly pointing the pan away from you, ignite and cook until the fire burns out. Once the flame has gone out, place bananas over a few scoops of vanilla ice cream, pour over rum sauce and garnish with stroopwafels (I like the Dutch waffle brand).
Harmonsgrocery.com Blog http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/blog/