Recipe: Kabob Grilling
Memorial Day is right around the corner and that means one thing…BBQ season! Right now is the perfect time to brush up on your grilling skills! Watch Chef Kimberly Larsen talk all things kabobs on KUTV’s Fresh Living by clicking HERE.
If you want to learn more fun summertime & grilling recipes, check out Harmons Food for Thought Guide – Summer Edition.
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno or sweet red pepper, deseeded
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1.Place all ingredients except butter in food processors.
- 2.Pulse until chopped finely.
- 3.Add softened butter and again pulse until smooth and completely combined.
- 4.Roll like a log in plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- 5.Save in refrigerate until ready to use.
- 6.Slice of pats of butter to place over kabobs as they come off the grill.
- 7.For brushing, melt in saucepan then brush foods last few minutes of grilling.
- Note - If you like your kabobs spicy use the jalapeno. For less spicy version use a sweet pepper of choice.
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup canola oil1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh horseradish, grated
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic1 teaspoon paprika or cayenne
- 1.In food processor add egg yolk and vinegar.
- 2.Pulse until slightly pale.
- 3.With machine running, add canola oil in a slow stream.
- 4.Adjust consistency with lemon juice.
- 5.Add horseradish, garlic and spice, cayenne or paprika.
- 6.Pulse until combined.
- 7.Season with salt.
- 8.Serve aioli with kabobs of choice! It is especially delicious with beef and chicken.