Recipe: Citrus Copper River Salmon with Jicama Slaw
June is National Seafood Month and we have some of the freshest seafood in the state of Utah! Whip up this Citrus Copper River Salmon with Jicama Slaw recipe and your dinner guests will be blown away this summer!
Click HERE to watch Harmons Seafood Director and Chef Evan Francois prepare this fantastic fish recipe on ABC 4 News Midday.
- 4 6 ounce portions of Copper River salmon
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Grape seed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Warm a large oven proof sauté pan on medium high heat. Once the pan is hot add enough oil to coat the pan. Place the fish in the pan and sear until golden brown. Flip the salmon and place in the oven. Remove the salmon from the oven once the internal temperature reaches around 135 degrees. Remove the fish from the pan and serve with the jicama slaw.
- 1 small jicama, peeled and finely shredded
- ½ head radicchio, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place jicama, cabbage, and carrots in a large bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, honey, and oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the dressing over the jicama mixture and toss to coat well. Fold in the cilantro. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.