Recipe: Fried Mozzarella w/ Roasted Garlic & Heirloom Tomato Sauce
Yesterday was National Cheese Day and we celebrated all things cheese with Chef Kimberly Larsen and Specialty Cheese Manager Mariah Christensen! Click HERE to see them prepare Fried Mozzarella w/ Roasted Garlic & Heirloom Tomato Sauce on Good Morning Utah.
- 6 oz. Harmons fresh pulled mozzarella
- 2 panko bread crumbs, I like the whole wheat (GF breadcrumbs work great)
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Fresh herbs of choice, minced
- 1. Slice fresh mozzarella into ½ inch thick slices.
- 2. Set up breading station - First bowl add flour. Second bowl add eggs and whisk slightly. Third bowl combined breadcrumbs and fresh herbs.
- 3. Dredge cheese through the flour, then dunk completely into eggs.
- 4. Next move to bread crumbs and cover completely. Make sure breading is not too thick.
- 5. Allow to set for about 10 minutes.
- 6. Heat large sauté pan to medium high heat. Add about 1" oil. Heat oil until hot and ready to fry.
- 7. Pan fry for 1 minute on each side or until coating is brown.
- 1. 8 oz. baby heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- 2. 2 oz. roasted garlic, minced or smashed
- 3. 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1. In small bowl combined ingredients.
- 2. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.