Recipes: Healthy Fuel for Your Workouts
June 25, 2014
Chef Kimberly shows us how to fuel your next workout with healthy food. See her prepare these recipes on KUTV’s Fresh Living, by clicking HERE!
Power Ball Bites & Sweet Potato Cherry Pancakes
Power Ball Bites Ingredients
- 1 cup nut butter of choice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dried whole milk powder or favorite protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1. In large bowl, smash banana. Add in rolled oats. Stir in remaining ingredients and choice of mix-ins.
- 2. Combined ingredients completely. This is easiest using a wooden spoon or your hands.
- 3. Using a cookie scoop, make 18-24 equal size balls.
- 4. Roll between palms of hands to shape.
- 5. Roll in ground nuts, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- 6. Place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Store in refrigerator.
Mix in Options
- 1 tablespoon flax, chia, or other seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut, toasted or untoasted, unsweetened is best
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup diced dried fruits
Sweet Potato Cherry Pancakes Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup sweet potato purée
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4-1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 1. In medium bowl combined the flour oats, cinnamon, ginger and baking powder.
- 2. In separate bowl Whisk the sweet potato purée, honey, eggs and buttermilk.
- 3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. For thinner pancake add more buttermilk.
- 4. Heat nonstick pan over medium high heat.
- 5. Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into pan.
- 6. Cook until bubbles start appearing and popping.
- 7. Place fresh cherries on top and flip over.
- 8. Cook for another minute.
- 9. Remove pancakes from heat.
- 10. Spread desired filling over one pancake then place second pancake on top. Filling options: nut butters, jam, jelly or preserve, fruit compote.
Harmonsgrocery.com Blog http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/blog/