Getting all the nutrients you need on a gluten free diet can be difficult since wheat can supply us with a lot of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Harmons dietitians maintain a comprehensive gluten free list you can find in the tagging system throughout the store and a complete list online. Look for the purple tag. We have thousands of gluten free products and frequently add to and update the list
Chef Aaron Ballard and Dietitian Laura Holtrop-Kohl visited ABC4′s Good Morning Utah to talk about gluten free living and shared some great tips and recipes for anyone living on a gluten free diet. Click HERE to find more information about gluten free living, Celiac Disease, and how to eat healthy on a gluten free diet.
Harmons chefs will also be on the cooking stage at the Gluten Free Expo this Saturday at the South Towne Expo Center at 11am, noon, and 1pm.
- 4 Rice Paper Wraps
- ½ carrot, julienned
- ½ cucumber, finely julienned
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup finely sliced green onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1. Mix vegetables together.
- 2. Dip each rice paper in a pan of water until softened (only takes a few seconds).
- 3. Lay the rice paper on a cutting board.
- 4. Place a small amount of veggie mix near one end.
- 5. Fold the end over the filling then fold both sides over to enclose the filling.
- 6. Serve with the dipping sauce.
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup dates
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup reduced sodium gluten-free Tamari sauce
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons roasted chopped peanuts
- 1. Add all sauce ingredients minus chopped peanuts to a blender and blend until smooth.