December 16, 2013
Black Salted Banana Chocolate Cream Cheese Puff Pastry
- 2 packages puff pastry cups
- Cream cheese filling
- Chocolate ganache
- 3 bananas, sliced thinly
- Black salt
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate cut in pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Brush the rims of the frozen pastry shells with the egg white and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons raw sugar. Prepare the pastry shells according to the package directions.
- Combined all ingredients in stand mixer, fitted with whisk attachment.
- Whip on low speed for 1 minute.
- Increase the speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form. F
- fold in ¾ of the chocolate ganache.
- Use remaining ¼ to drizzle the top of pastry.
- In small saucepan heat heavy cream to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate.
- Whisk until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Layer banana slices on bottom of cooked and cooled pastry.
- Spoon small amount of cream into cups.
- Place several more slices of banana and then again spoon another layer of cream over banana.
- Drizzle tops with chocolate Ganache and sprinkle with black salt.
Harmonsgrocery.com Blog http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/blog/