December 16, 2013
Twice Baked Yams
- 4 large yams washed
- ¼ C. brown sugar
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground sage
- ½ C. stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 C. dried cherries
- 1 C. walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the washed yams into the oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour. When the yams are roasted they will have darkened in color and started to form wrinkles.
- Remove from the oven and set aside on the stovetop to allow them to cool until warm enough to hold in your hands without being burned.
- Cut the yams in half and scoop out the inside into a food processor or blender. Careful not to tear the skin of the yam and place them aside on a sheet pan.
- Add the brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and sage.
- Add the stock, then puree. Place the yam puree into a piping bag or sandwich bag, pipe the yams back into the skins and sprinkle with the dried cherries and walnuts.
- Place in the oven and cook until the yams have caramelized to a golden color 30 to 40 minutes, then serve.
Harmonsgrocery.com Blog http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/blog/