Blueberries are a powerhouse of nutrition containing vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants that may help to prevent heart disease and cancer. July is the peak time for blueberry harvest, so take time to enjoy these delicious and nutritious berries.
Tips for enjoying blueberries:
- Toss blueberries into a salad
- Add blueberries to your breakfast cereal
- Make a parfait with non- or low-fat vanilla yogurt, blueberries and sliced almonds
- Blend blueberries into a smoothie
Makes 4 servings
- 12 ounces 100% pineapple juice
- 3 small bananas, sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 16 oz. plain non- or low-fat Greek yogurt
Blend all together in blender and enjoy immediately or freeze to enjoy later.