It’s that time again. Harmons is sponsoring the American Diabetes Association Expo for the third year! Admission to the expo is FREE! Whether you are personally living with diabetes or know someone who is, you will find a wealth of information at this Expo.
- Many FREE health screenings will be available, including blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol, foot and eye screenings, and diabetes risk assessment.
- Harmons Chef Johnny will offer four different cooking demonstrations and tasty, diabetes-friendly recipes including:
- Smokey Egg White Frittata
- Farro Lettuce Wrap
- Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry
- Jicama Salad
- Harmons will be offering healthy and delicious samples of their fresh-made dishes and local products.
- Harmons Registered Dietitians will take you through their portable grocery store aisle for a “store tour” to help you learn how to choose delicious foods that fit into a healthy and balanced diabetes meal plan.
- Harmons Pharmacists will be on hand to answer your questions about managing your diabetes with medication.
- Product exhibits and presentations will provide knowledge on the most cutting-edge technology and research.
- Fitness demonstrations will show you how to fit exercise into your daily life.
Come learn more about healthy living with diabetes in a FUN way! Register online to receive event announcements at www.diabetes.org/exposaltlakecity or call 1-888-DIABETES (extension 7072) for more information.
Or just stop by! It’s FREE!
South Towne Expo Center
March 1, 2014
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
9575 South State Street
Sandy, UT 84070
If you are not able to visit us at the Expo, there are still some great diabetes events you can take advantage of at Harmons Grocery Stores. We will be teaming up with our Cooking School Chefs for some great diabetes-friendly cooking classes and offering free diabetes store tours.
Registration for all events is available online or by contacting the dietitian hosting the event. For a full listing of events, check out our Great Health Calendar at www.harmonsgrocery.com/health/event-calendar/. And as always, you are welcome to schedule a one-on-one store tour at any time by giving us a call.
Dietitian Jonnell Masson, Bangerter Crossing Harmons (801) 617-0119
Dietitian Laura Holtrop Kohl, City Creek Harmons (801) 428-0364
Dietitian Jessica LaRoche, Station Park Harmons (801) 928-2634
Dietitian Kayla Leitzke, The District Harmons (801) 495-5402