You may have heard about some new medications to help treat Type 2 Diabetes – Invokana® and Farxiga®. These medications are the newest addition to treatment of Type 2 Diabetes and are unique in their action inside the body. These medications work by taking glucose (sugar) out of the blood and into the urine for excretion. Here are a few things to remember about Invokana and Farxiga:
- For those patients who feel like they have tried just about everything without success, this is a NEW way of treating Type 2 Diabetes – there are no other medications on the market like this.
- Invokana and Farxiga have only been studied in combination with other medications like Metformin, Glyburide, Insulin, and Januvia. It is recommended that these medications be used as an add-on to current treatment therapy, which would include diet and exercise.
- If you qualify, both Invokana and Farxiga offer a savings coupon that can SIGNIFICANTLY reduce your copay. These are available at invokanacarepath.com and farxigasavingsrx.com.
- Invokana offers a coupon that pays up to $325 of your copay per month providing a $0 copay (FREE) 30 day supply for the first FOUR months, and as low as a $5 copay permonth on the next eight fills.
- Farxiga offers a coupon that pays up to $346 of your copay per month providing a $0 copay (FREE) 30 day supply for the first THREE months, and as low as a $10 copay per month on the next eight fills.
Consult with your doctor to determine if either of these medications would be a good option in your treatment of Type 2 Diabetes.