If you’re always in search of that convenient weeknight meal, sheet pan dinners are a game changer. These meals can deliver a lot of nutrients while maximizing flavor and convenience and also minimizing your commitment to doing dishes. In its simplest form, here is a basic template:
PROTEIN + VEGETABLE + STARCH
ADD COOKING OIL + DESIRED HERBS AND SPICES
425 ° F FOR 15-25 MINUTES
Cooking times will vary, but the above recommendation is a great place to start. If you’re unsure about cooking time, take a peek around 10 minutes and check the progress. Edges of veggies should be slightly browned and caramelized, and meat, poultry and seafood should be checked for the safe minimum temperatures.
· Top with dressings or simmer sauces
· Use foil, parchment paper, or silicon mats for easy cleanup
· Smaller thinner pieces = shorter cooking time
· Serve along side a crisp fruit or vegetable for a nice crunch!
· Salmon + asparagus + potatoes
· Chickpeas + purple cabbage + sweet potato
· Chicken + red onion + bell pepper
· Kielbasa + bell pepper + potato
· Edamame +cabbage + carrots
Want some ideas to get you started? Check out a few of our tried and true recipes below!