The hotter it gets, the better a cold treat starts to sound. If you’re the kind of person who wants to enjoy ice cream every summer day, consider a healthier option more often. Enter “nice cream,” a light, yet creamy dessert made entirely of frozen bananas instead of cream. Try out this Mexican chocolate recipe, or make a variation of this basic nice cream recipe below!
Basic "Nice Cream" Ingredients:
- 4 overripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Mix it up!
- Elvis: Substitute honey for syrup, add 1/4 cup peanut butter.
- Mint Chocolate Chip: Substitute vanilla extract with mint extract. Add in mini chocolate chips.
- Raspberry Swirl: Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1 cup of frozen raspberries.
- Pina Colada: Omit the syrup and vanilla. Add 3 tablespoons coconut milk and ½ cup frozen pineapple.
- Get creative with toppings: coconut flakes, toasted nuts, dark chocolate shavings, fresh fruit, sprinkles, chai spice.
Want more recipe ideas? Email email@example.com for delicious and nutritious recipes!