Tis the season for stone fruits! This includes plums, cherries, apricots, nectarines, and peaches. Here are some creative ways to take advantage of the peak season of peaches…
- Whole Fruit: Nature’s original fast food! Eat them whole, fuzzy peel and all!
- Toast/Pizza: Pair peaches with goat cheese, ricotta, balsamic vinegar, or basil on pizza or toast.
- Smoothie: Blend together with yogurt, juice/milk, and ice for a frothy peachy beverage.
- Fruit Salad: Toss with your other fruity favorites, chopped mint leaves, and lime juice.
- Veggie Salad: The possibilities are endless! Try a green salad with peaches, feta, almonds and balsamic vinaigrette, or our Summer Peach and Prosciutto Salad with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette.
- Grilled: Slice in half or thick slices, place directly on grill. Those caramelized sugars make for fantastic flavor. Check out our post here for more fruit grilling tips.
- Breakfast: Fresh slices atop yogurt, granola, pancakes, waffles, or crepes is a delicious start to the day.
For additional ideas on dressing up seasonal fruits, contact your dietitian at email@example.com.