March 1 is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day! Peanut butter can be a tasty and healthy addition to the diet if you choose a peanut butter that just contains peanuts, or one with minimal sugar and salt added. For those who don’t love stirring your peanut butter, the fresh ground options like this one don’t separate as quickly. If you’d like to celebrate this holiday by enjoying peanut butter, here are some healthy-ish ideas and recipes.
- Add peanut butter to your morning oatmeal; here’s a tasty recipe for chocolate peanut butter overnights oats
- Spread on a whole grain waffle and top with bananas or another favorite fruit
- Blend up this Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- Enjoy an old-fashioned PB&J on whole grain bread
- Enjoy a rice noodle salad with peanut sauce, edamame, red peppers, and green onions
- Dip apple slices, banana, or celery in peanut butter or in a dip made with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Let your kids create apple pizzas with a variety of fun toppings
- Add a drizzle of warm peanut butter on “nice cream”
- Enjoy grilled chicken or spring rolls with a peanut butter dipping sauce
If you have questions about nutrition or are looking for more healthy recipes and products, reach out to your Harmons dietitian at email@example.com.