At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
REPORTS TO Delicatessen Manager
Store Name: Harmons Bangerter Crossing
Store Location: 125 East 13800 South Draper, Utah 84020 801-617-0111
Wage Rate: $11.07-$14.57 DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Availability Needed: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Employment Status: Fulltime-Regular 37-40 hrs
The purpose of this position is to sell cheese island product by giving remarkable customer service. This person will maintain quality standards and product levels of all products on the cheese island. This person will have a passion for cheese and the ability to share that passion with our customers. This person will actively market and promote products. This person will be preparing and packaging cheeses for sale, receiving and stocking product and providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services the cheese island provides
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate product assortment and inventory levels for the cheese island
- Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all products, paying particular attention to ad items
- Ensures the cheese island is cleaned and sanitized daily and meets the company standards for appearance
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Cuts, wraps, shreds and packages all types of cheeses for presentation and sale on the cheese island
- Samples cheeses to customers
- Makes fresh mozzarella
- Stocks and sets up olive bar and oil station
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the delicatessen as a whole
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; 1 year of delicatessen experience preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Current Food Handler’s Permit
- Must enjoy working with and handling a variety of cheese products
- Should have a passion for cooking with and eating cheese items
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn about cheese, pairings and cooking techniques
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with customers and fellow associates
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to hot, cold and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs