At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
REPORTS TO Lead Customer Service Manager
Store Name: Harmons Bangerter Crossing
Store Location: 125 East 13800 South Draper, Utah 84020 801-617-0111
Wage Rate: $7.33 to $9.90 DOE
Minimum Age: 16
Availability Needed: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Employment Status: PARTTIME
The purpose of this position is to provide exceptional customer service to all Harmons customers. This person will be bagging groceries, assisting customers with ice and rock salt, handling “go backs” for the front end, performing basic custodial duties and cleaning checkstands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures customers’ groceries are bagged as efficiently as possible and according to each customer’s individual needs
- Responsible for cleaning checkstands and stocking them with paper, plastic and reusable bags
- Ensures the store is cleaned daily and meets the company standards for appearance
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Performs general custodial duties throughout the store including cleaning restrooms, spills, shelves, displays and employee areas
- Handles “go backs” for the front end
- Assists customers with ice and rock salt
- Takes carts to the Drive and Load area
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Sets a professional and positive example to others
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the store as a whole
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Drive N Load associates with cart and basket retrieval
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic math skills
- Understanding of proper bagging technique
- Must enjoy working with and handling grocery products
- Should have a passion for customer service
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with and diverse groups of people
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to cold, hot, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 40 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs