At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
Bulk and Fresh Pack Associate
Store Name: Harmons South Jordan
Store Location: 10507 South Redwood Road South Jordan, Utah 84095 801-446-9984
Wage Rate: $10.02-$14.73 DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Availability Needed: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings, Rotating
Employment Status: FULLTIME
Bulk Foods Specialist Job Description
Reports to: Grocery Manager
Revised: April 30, 2014
The purpose of this position is to ensure the quality, freshness and product assortment is maintained in the throughout the store, specifically in regards to bulk foods in the grocery department. This person will be receiving, stocking and rotating product, facing product, taking special orders, and providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the quality and freshness of all bulk food products and services provided by the grocery department
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate bulk food product assortment and inventory levels for the grocery department
- Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all bulk food products, paying particular attention to ad items
- Ensures the store is cleaned daily and meets the company standards for appearance
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Receives, stores and stocks a wide variety of bulk food products for the grocery department
- Pulls out of date product from the shelves
- Builds end-cap and other special product displays
- Responsible for cleaning, sanitizing, and rotation of bulk food bins
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Sets a professional and positive example to others
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the store as a whole
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
- Consistent and daily interaction with vendors
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic math skills
- Understanding of product rotation
- Must enjoy working with and handling grocery products, specifically natural and whole foods
- Should have a passion for customer service
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and healthy eating
- Must have an interest in learning about and using natural and whole foods
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to cold, hot, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs