At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
People Department Intern- Semester Term
Store Name: Harmons Support Office
Store Location: 10 Harmons Support Office 3540 South 4000 West, Suite 100 West Valley City, Utah 84120 801-969-8261
Wage Rate: 12.00
Minimum Age: 18
Availability Needed: Mornings, Afternoons
Employment Status: Internship Temporary
The primary purpose of this job is to assist the People Department Directors with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, job descriptions, job postings, and on-boarding/orientation and all HR processes involved with the opening of two new stores. This Semester Term Internship will be from January 2018 to May 2018 (could be Full time or Part time depending on Student). This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills he or she may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. The intern will also have opportunities to collaborate with the technology and marketing departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively learns about the steps in the recruiting and hiring process, including: creating job descriptions, creating job postings, maintaining recruiting website, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, making job offers, and onboarding of new associates.
- Identifies and gains understanding of the importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management.
- Assists with employee engagement projects, including: Awards Banquet, Lagoon Days, Teach to Taste, Employee Assistance Program, and a variety of other special projects.
- Creates and implements training for a variety of departments.
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures.
- Creates and maintains tracking data systems.
- Ensures the file room is clean, well-maintained and meets company standards of appearance.
- Provides coverage at the People Department front desk when the receptionist is absent.
- Delivers excellent customer service while acting as a point of contact for Harmons’ People Department.
- Answers telephone calls on a multi-line phone system and directs them accordingly.
- Greets guests at the Support Office.
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Communicates openly, effectively and frequently with the People Support Directors.
- Ensures company standards for safety, sanitation, and productivity are maintained.
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with Support Office associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers and vendors
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Must be currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources
· Student Member of SHRM a plus
· Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, balance friendliness with efficiency and maintain focus
· A basic working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, email and the internet
· Ability to utilize computer systems and standard office equipment
· Ability to interpret policies and procedures
· Proficient organization and planning skills
· Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with diverse groups of people
· Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success
· Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
· Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, consistent and forward focused
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires sitting for long periods of time, walking and bending.Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs