At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
REPORTS TO Store Director
Store Name: Harmons St George
Store Location: 1189 East 700 South St. George, Utah 84790 435-628-0411
Wage Rate: $14.59-$16.58 DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Employment Status: FULLTIME
The purpose of this position is to oversee the successful operation of the frozen foods department by ensuring that quality, freshness and product assortment is maintained throughout the department. This person will be receiving, stocking and rotating product, taking special orders, and providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services provided by the frozen foods department
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate product assortment and inventory levels for the frozen foods department
- Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all products, paying particular attention to ad items
- Ensures the frozen foods department is cleaned and sanitized daily and meets the company standards for appearance
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Receives, stores and stocks frozen foods products including frozen vegetables, frozen dinners, ice cream, etc.
- Pulls out of date product from the frozen food shelves
- Orders product to meet the needs of the frozen foods department based on past and projected sales
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Sets a professional and positive example to others
- Communicates openly and frequently with the Store Director and Grocery Category Buyer
- Ensures company standards for safety, sanitation and productivity are maintained
- Quarterly inventory of all frozen foods products
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the store as a whole
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
- Consistent and daily interaction with vendors
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; 1 year of grocery or related experience preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic math skills
- Solid understanding of product rotation
- Must enjoy working with and handling frozen foods products
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with and manage diverse groups of people
- Ability to appropriately and professionally handle conflict
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, graveyard shifts and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to extreme cold, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs