At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
REPORTS TO Pharmacy Manager
Store Name: Harmons at The District
Store Location: 11453 South Parkway Plaza South Jordan, Utah 84095 801-495-5402
Wage Rate: $12.05-$17.72 DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Availability Needed: Evenings
Employment Status: Parttime 12-26 hrs
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Pharmacists in ensuring customers receive the correct medications as quickly as possible. This person will be assisting customers in person and over the phone, submitting refill requests, submitting insurance claims, filing prescription paperwork, filling prescriptions and cleaning the pharmacy. This person will also provide exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the pharmacy is clean, sanitized, well-maintained and meets company standards of appearance.
- Delivers excellent customer service while assisting customers at the pharmacy counter, drive-thru and over the phone
- Enters new prescriptions into the system
- Files prescription paperwork
- Submits refill requests to doctors over the phone and electronically
- Submits insurance claims and inquires about insurance problems
- Cashiers for pharmacy customers
- Receives and stocks product for the pharmacy
- Removes product from the shelves according to Harmons expiration date policies
- Travels between stores to ensure coverage of our pharmacies when technicians are sick, on vacation, or otherwise unavailable
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Sets a professional and positive example to others
- Communicates effectively and works closely with the Pharmacy Manager and Lead Pharmacy Technician
- Ensures company standards for safety, sanitation, and productivity are maintained
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
- Consistent and daily interaction with doctor’s offices and insurance companies
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A 2 year college or technical school Pharmacy Technician degree; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have current Utah Pharmacy Technician License
- Ability to multitask
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between stores
- Wide range of knowledge in medical and pharmacy terminology, effects of prescription drugs, etc.
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with diverse groups of people
- Ability to professionally and appropriately handle conflict
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmon’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, consistent and forward focused
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable pharmacy environment with the possibility of infrequent exposure to hot, cold and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver objects weighing up to 30 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs