At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
Director of Training and Development
REPORTS TO VP for the People
Store Name: Harmons Support Office
Store Location: 10 Harmons Support Office 3540 South 4000 West, Suite 100 West Valley City, Utah 84120 801-969-8261
Wage Rate: $68,000 - $85,000 DOE + Benefits
Minimum Age: 18
Availability Needed: Mornings, Afternoons
Employment Status: Fulltime Manager 45 hrs
The purpose of this position is to enhance Harmons organizational training and development strategy, oversee its implementation, and assess its outcomes. This position will identify and drive suitable training initiatives that build brand knowledge and loyalty while providing necessary training and tools to be successful in any given role. This position will research emerging trends, new technologies, concepts and techniques to ensure we provide engaging, best of class opportunities. This person will supervise all education-related programs and staff, will lead and develop a team, and help plan and execute various promotions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and assesses current and future training needs through research and collaboration
- Ensures materials and manuals are provided in an engaging and effective method
- Enhances associates’ skills, performance, productivity, and quality of work
- Measures the outcomes and success of our training and development programs
- Provides structure, accountability and development for the Education team
- Participates in Better Basic meetings and leads Better Basic Team projects
- Ensures previously rolled out materials such as STAR manuals, classes, procedure manuals, etc. are up to date
- Works closely with vendors, department managers, Store Directors, Sales Directors, Better Basics teams, Board Members, and the People Department to identify educational needs, as well as contribute to overall planning strategy
- Assists with various store development needs as they arise such as; store openings, newly created positions, etc. and ensures proper training is provided
- Assists with the planning and execution of promotions, campaigns or events
- Actively participates in continuing education that is necessary to perform critical job functions, primarily technology-based training and other industry trends
- Ensures the policy and procedures database is up to date
- Conducts quarterly training assessments for each store
- Attends a manager meeting quarterly to discuss training assessment results and facilitate a leadership activity
- Responds to emails and phone calls professionally and promptly
- Communicates openly and frequently with the Vice President for the People, People Support Directors, Sales Directors and Store Directors
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the company as a whole
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Updates class calendar quarterly
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Teaches any of Harmons’ training classes both at the Support Office and in stores
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates and support staff
- Frequent interaction with vendors
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED required; 2 or 4 year college or technical school degree in education, human resources, communication, or relevant field preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, Captivate and Presenter
- Understanding of digital photography, camcorders, and Apple computer systems and applications including iMovie, iPhoto, iBooks, iAuthor, etc.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to advocate, analyze and understand technology to be effective personally and have an impact on business performance
- Ability to convey complex information and procedures in a way that is easily understood by associates of varying skill and education levels
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with customers and fellow associates
- Ability to professionally and appropriately handle conflict
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized analytical skills and techniques
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires sitting, standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to occasionally maneuver objects weighing up to 40 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs