At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
Fuel Stop Associate
REPORTS TO Fuel Stop Manager
Store Name: Harmons South Jordan
Store Location: 10507 South Redwood Road South Jordan, Utah 84095 801-446-9984
Wage Rate: $8.02-$12.15 DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Employment Status: Parttime 12-26 hrs
The purpose of this position is to provide exceptional customer service to Harmons’ Fuel Stop customers. This person will be cashiering, cleaning, servicing and troubleshooting fuel pumps and other equipment, and ensuring a safe environment for customers and other associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services provided by the fuel stop
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate product assortment and inventory levels for the fuel stop
- Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all products, paying particular attention to ad items
- Ensures the fuel stop is cleaned and sanitized daily and meets the company standards for appearance and safety
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Promotes Foodie Club Card at each transaction
- Offers to pump fuel (gasoline or diesel) for all customers
- Offers to wash windshields and windows for all customers
- Receives, stores and stocks items sold at the fuel stop
- Cleans, services and troubleshoots fuel pumps, fuel tanks, receipt printers, vending machine and other equipment at the fuel stop
- Verifies fuel deliveries and reconciliation reports
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Sets a professional and positive example to others
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the store as a whole
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clears snow from the fuel stop during winter
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
- Consistent and daily interaction with vendors
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Cashier Training
- Passion for customer service
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with and manage diverse groups of people
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to cold, hot, humid, slippery and wet conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 40-50 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs