At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
Delicatessen Sales Associate
REPORTS TO Bistro Delicatessen Manager
Store Name: Harmons South Jordan
Store Location: 10507 South Redwood Road South Jordan, Utah 84095 801-446-9984
Wage Rate: $10.00-$14.57 DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Employment Status: Parttime 12-26 hrs
The purpose of this position is to sell Harmons’ fresh delicatessen items by providing remarkable customer service. This person will package product, fill shelves, stock the delicatessen department, ensure cleanliness of the department and assistant in other areas of the delicatessen as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services the delicatessen provides
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate product assortment and inventory levels for the delicatessen
- Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all products, paying particular attention to ad items
- Ensures the delicatessen is cleaned and sanitized daily and meets the company standards for appearance
- Serves chef prepared salads and entrees from the chef case
- Slices meats and cheeses to order
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Packages delicatessen products and puts them out on the sales floor
- Re-stocks the delicatessen department and helps sort and put away delicatessen products when deliveries come in
- Assists as needed throughout the delicatessen department
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Current Food Handler’s Permit
- Must enjoy working with and handling food products
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with customers and fellow associates
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to hot, cold and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs