At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
Lead Sous Chef
REPORTS TO Produce Manager
Store Name: Harmons St George
Store Location: 1189 East 700 South St. George, Utah 84790 435-628-0411
Wage Rate: $10.81-$15.89 DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Availability Needed: Mornings
Employment Status: FULLTIME
The purpose of this position is to maintain quality standards and product levels of all freshly prepared products in the produce department and provide training to other produce sous chefs. This person will be preparing and packaging fresh cut fruits and vegetables, fresh salsa and guacamole, receiving and stocking product, determining production and inventory levels and providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services the produce department provides
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate product assortment and inventory levels for the produce department
- Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all products, paying particular attention to ad items
- Ensures the produce department is cleaned and sanitized daily and meets the company standards for appearance
- Delivers excellent service to all customers
- Prepares all fresh-cut fruits and vegetables, fresh salsa and guacamole, etc. following Harmons guidelines and recipes
- Prepares food for special orders and events
- Takes special orders over the phone or in person
- Ensures the proper receiving and stocking of product
- Teaches, mentors and educates associates to help them be successful members of the team
- Provides honest, direct and constant feedback to associates regarding their performance and areas of improvement
- Writing production sheets based on department needs and past and projected sales
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the produce department as a whole
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; 1 year of produce department experience preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work quickly and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to anticipate department and customer needs
- Current Food Handler’s Permit
- Ability to read and follow a recipe
- Basic math skills used to double or half a recipe
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with customers and fellow associates
- Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, consistent and forward focused
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to cold, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, climb and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs