At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
REPORTS TO Bakery Manager
Store Name: Harmons at City Creek
Store Location: 135 East 100 South Salt Lake City, Utah 84111 801-428-0366
Wage Rate: $10.52-$14.61 DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Availability Needed: Over-night
Employment Status: PARTTIME
The purpose of this position is to maintain quality standards and product levels of all fresh-baked products in the bakery. This person will be following recipes to bake rolls, doughnuts, bagels, cookies, sweet rolls, muffins, brownies, etc. This person will also assist customers when necessary and provide exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services the bakery provides
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate product assortment and inventory levels for the bakery
- Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all products, paying particular attention to ad items
- Ensures the bakery is cleaned and sanitized daily and meets the company standards for appearance
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Follows production sheets to ensure appropriate levels of Harmons fresh baked products
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; 1 year of baking experience preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Current Food Handler’s Permit
- Enjoys working with and handling bakery products
- Enjoys cooking and eating a variety of bakery products
- Ability to read and follow a recipe
- Basic math skills used to half or double recipes
- Knowledge of baking procedures and times
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with customers and fellow associates
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to hot, cold, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)
Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs