At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
Assistant Produce Manager
REPORTS TO Produce Manager
Store Name: Harmons at City Creek
Store Location: 135 East 100 South Salt Lake City, Utah 84111 801-428-0366
Wage Rate: $14.88-$16.91 DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Availability Needed: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Employment Status: FULLTIME
The purpose of this position is to assist the Produce Manager with keeping the produce department running properly and profitably. This person will be responsible for knowing all aspects of the produce department and being able to fill in for any position when necessary, training new produce department associates, all while providing exceptional customer service. This person will also assist in determining production and inventory levels for the produce department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services the produce department provides
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate product assortment and inventory levels for the produce department
- Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all products, paying particular attention to ad items
- Ensures the produce department is cleaned and sanitized daily and meets the company standards for appearance
- Active member of the Safety Committee which helps insure the safety of both Customers and Associates
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Is knowledgeable about all produce department products including fruits, veggies, fresh salsa and guacamole and fresh pack items
- Performs the following duties alongside the Produce Manager or in the Produce Manager’s absence:
- Ordering product and creating production sheets to meet the needs of the produce department based on past and projected sales
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Sets a professional and positive example to others
- Communicates openly and frequently with Produce Manager, Store Director and Fresh Produce Sales Director
- Ensures company standards for safety, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Writing the produce department schedule to ensure coverage and meet labor goals
- Teaches, mentors and educates produce associates and produce sous chefs to help them be successful members of the team
- Provides honest, direct and constant feedback to produce associates regarding their performance and areas of improvement
- Quarterly inventory of all produce department products
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED and some college education are preferred; 1 year of produce department experience preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Current Food Handler’s Permit
- Familiarity with all produce products and how to prepare them
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with and manage diverse groups of people
- Ability to professionally and appropriately handle conflict
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to cold, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs