At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
Customer Service Manager
REPORTS TO Lead Customer Service Manager
Store Name: Harmons St George
Store Location: 1189 East 700 South St. George, Utah 84790 435-628-0411
Wage Rate: $14.05-$15.97 DOE
Minimum Age: 21
Availability Needed: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Employment Status: Fulltime-Regular 37-40 hrs
The purpose of this position is to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the front end. This person will be providing exceptional customer service to all customers, training and mentoring front end associates, assisting with checking and bagging, handling customer complaints, processing refunds and exchanges and ensuring the front end has proper coverage at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the cleanliness and sanitation of all front end areas
- Stocks checkstands with bags and other supplies
- Assigns checkstands to scheduled associates
- Ensures breaks and lunches are given to front end associates and coverage is maintained
- Follows procedures for opening and closing the store
- Performs overrides as needed
- Assists with checking and bagging as needed
- Ensures all cashiers are using appropriate wording when offering the Foodie Club Card to customers
- Ensures all cashiers are promoting Foodie Club Card to every customer
- Monitors cashier production to see percentage of customers using Foodie Club per cashier
- Ensures checkers and baggers are following procedures and providing exceptional customer service
- Handles refunds and exchanges for customers
- Audits and verifies tills throughout the day and at store closing
- Handles customer complaints
- Assists customers with questions and finding items throughout the store
- Ensures “go-backs” are completed
- Ensures pricing accuracy for items that are scanned
- Handles money and gives accurate change to ensure a balanced till at the end of their shift
- Provides exceptional customer service to every customer
- Understands and applies Harmons’ policies for checks, gift cards, WIC checks, etc.
- Teaches, mentors and educates front end associates to help them be successful members of the team
- Provides honest, direct and constant feedback to front end associates regarding their performance and areas of improvement
- Communicates openly and frequently with the Lead Customer Service Manager and Store Director
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the store as a whole
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic math skills used for making change
- 10-key skills
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with customers and fellow associates
- Ability to appropriately and professionally handle conflict
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, consistent and forward focused
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to hot or cold conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 30 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs