At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
REPORTS TO Scanning Manager
Store Name: Harmons Emigration Market
Store Location: 1705 East 1300 South Salt Lake City, Utah 84108 801-583-3663
Wage Rate: $10.30 to $15.14 DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Availability Needed: Mornings, Afternoons
Employment Status: FULLTIME
The primary purpose of this job is to bring attention to sale and specialty items and events and bring aesthetic appeal to Harmons’ stores through visual artwork. This person will be creating signage and other artwork for displays, aisles, decorations, etc. throughout the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Ensures pricing accuracy and signage are throughout the store
- Creates signs for individual items, aisles and events
- Responsible for the display of signs throughout the store
- Assists with seasonal signage and decoration throughout the store
- Works closely with department managers and vendors to determine signage needs
- Creates signs for other stores that do not have an artist
- Ensures signs are fresh and up-to-date; replaces old and damaged signs
- Orders necessary supplies for the creation and display of signs and other artwork
- Communicates openly and frequently with the Scanning Manager, Store Director and other department managers
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the store as a whole
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hangs signs above aisles using a ladder
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers and vendors
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent GED preferred; 2 or 4 year college or technical school degree or certificate in visual art, graphic design or other related field; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, balance friendliness with efficiency and maintain focus
- A good working knowledge of basic design and color theory
- Excellent visual art skills, particularly drawing
- Ability to learn new and creative ways to create visual artwork
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with diverse groups of people
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success
- Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, consistent and forward focused
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of infrequent exposure to cold, hot, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)
Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs