At Harmons, our people make the difference
Join the Harmons Team!
If you like shopping at Harmons, you’ll love working here. Be part of something remarkable. Real opportunities, really passionate people.
REPORTS TO Meat Manager
Store Name: Harmons Draper
Store Location: 672 East 11400 South Draper, Utah 84020 801-576-9911
Wage Rate: $12.24-$18.00/Hour DOE
Minimum Age: 18
Availability Needed: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Employment Status: FULLTIME
The purpose of this position is to ensure the quality, freshness, safety, and profitability of Harmons’ fresh cut meat products. This person will be preparing all cuts of beef, pork, chicken, turkey and seafood for sale in the meat service cases. This person will be in charge of cleaning and sanitation of the meat department training new meat cutter associates, determining production and inventory levels, receiving and stocking product and providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services the meat department provides
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate product assortment and inventory levels for the meat department
- Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all products, paying particular attention to ad items
- Ensures the meat department is cleaned and sanitized daily and meets the company standards for appearance
- Deliver excellent customer service to all customers
- Is knowledgeable about all cuts of beef, pork, chicken, turkey and seafood and is able to cut to accomplish profitability margins
- Fulfills custom meat orders for customers
- Ensures logs and other required documentation is filled out immediately and accurately to ensure food safety standards are met
- Grinds beef, pork, chicken and turkey as needed
- Wraps cut and ground meat products as needed
- Minimizes waste by following production sheets, watching code-dates and ensuring rotation is done correctly
- Receives and restocks products for the meat department
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Sets a professional and positive example to others
- Ensures company standards for safety, sanitation and productivity are maintained
- Teaches, mentors and educates associates to help them be successful members of the team
- Provides honest, direct and constant feedback to associates regarding their performance and areas of improvement
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the meat department as a whole
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED is preferred; 1 year meat cutting experience preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Current Food Handler’s Permit
- Familiarity with all cuts of beef, pork, chicken, turkey and seafood
- Experience cutting pork, beef, chicken and turkey correctly, efficiently and profitably
- Enjoys handling, preparing and eating meat products
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with and manage diverse groups of people
- Ability to appropriately and professionally handle conflict
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, consistent and forward focused
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to hot, cold, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, climb, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, bend, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 80 pounds from location to location.
HARMONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)Apply for this Position
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, login below to view your profile.
*Please note: If you have recently applied for an open position, you will automatically be considered for other openings.Add to My Jobs