Traverse Mountain cooking school presents a virtual camp that focuses on easy dinners from around the globe, based on kids favorites and quick fixes for Mom that will have your kids begging for more! This camp will teach fundamental, but easy, cooking techniques and cooking strategies to give budding chefs the needed skills to interpret different recipes in the future.
You will receive all the items you need on Saturday, July 17th prior the beginning of the camp. Also, you can arrange to pick up the items on Sunday or the morning of the class (Monday).
Each meal is designed for 4 servings of each item, so that the kids can make dinner for their family during class time.
This class is great for young chefs 12-17 years on their own or 8-10 years with adult supervision. Please include child’s name and age in the comments when enrolling.
If your child is under the age of 8 and would like to attend, please contact Chef Freyka at 385-352-8024 for approval.
Our program focus and practices:
- Cooking and Baking Techniques
- Basic Cooking Life Skills
- Encouraging Leadership through Cooking
- Developing Psychomotricity through Cooking
Dates and time:
- Monday, July 19th (3:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Tuesday, July 20th (3:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Wednesday, July 21st (3:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Thursday, July 22nd (3:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
Included with Class:
Day 1 French School
- Salad: Carrot Salad
- Main: Chicken Skewer with Ratatouille
- Cheese/Dairy: Cheese Fondue with bread for dipping (Bread will be made from scratch)
- Dessert: Organic Orange
Day 2 Taco Tuesday
- Tacos Colorados de Carne Asada
- Easy Weeknight Refried Beans
- Jessica’s Green Salsa
Day 3 German Weeknight
- German Cucumber Dill Salad
- Pork Schnitzel with Mushroom Sauce
- Brown Butter Späetzle
Day 4 Hawaii
- Loco Moco
- Hawaiian Guava Cake
Each seat purchased includes a chef-prepared kit with all the ingredients your young chef will need to create their recipes. 2 participants per seat are allowed.
- Kit Pickup: Please pick up your ingredient kit at Traverse Mountain on Saturday 17th, after 3 pm. If you need to arrange a different day/time please contact us at the number or email listed below.
- The address is: 1750 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043
Each class is a password-protected Zoom session. You can download Zoom at www.zoom.us
You’ll receive an email with a session ID and password prior to your class.
Please list any dietary restrictions in the comment section.
To receive a refund or credit, cancellations must be submitted no less than 48 hours before the class begins. Please contact the school at email@example.com or call us at 385-352-8024
Chef Freyka Nuñez Del Prado
7 seats available
Online registration is closed. Call school to inquire about availability: (385) 352-8011