Courtesy of Lindsey@lkcooking
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper on the bottom, then spray the edges with nonstick spray.
- Zest the oranges until you have one packed tablespoon worth, then set aside. Peel the oranges, then slice them into 1/4 inch thick circle slices. Arrange the orange slices onto
- the bottom of the cake pan. Make sure the slices are tightly packed with little space between them. Drizzle generously with honey and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, egg, yogurt, olive oil, vanilla extract, orange juice, and the orange zest. Beat together until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Don’t over mix!
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and gently spread it over the orange slices in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then flip the cake out onto a serving platter. Serve with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and an extra drizzle of honey.