- 32 oz chicken broth, low-sodium
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning, no salt added
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 12 oz Harmons gluten-free fusilli pasta
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 8 oz cream cheese substitute, dairy-free
- 3 oz vegan parmesan, grated
Recipe submitted by BYU dietetic intern Kelsey Mueller-Davis
In an instant pot, stir together the low-sodium chicken broth, canned diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Stir in the cubed chicken pieces and dry pasta. Push them under the liquid with a wooden spoon.
Secure the Instant Pot lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” On the manual, high-pressure setting, adjust the cooking timer to 5 minutes.
After the time is up, “quick release” the Instant Pot pressure. Once the steam has stopped coming out of the valve and silver pin has dropped, open the lid.
Immediately break up the noodles and stir in the spinach, vegan cream cheese, and vegan parmesan.
Measure the internal temperature of the chicken to ensure that it has reached 165 °F.
Let the pasta sit and thicken for about 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Nutrition per serving: 470 Calories; 14g total fat (2.5g saturated); 530 mg sodium; 57g carbohydrates; 2g dietary fiber; 2g sugar (0g added sugar); 28g protein