- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp almond liqueur, such as Amaretto
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz almond paste, grated
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp almonds
- 2 tsp sugar
In a bowl, whisk butter, sugar, almond liqueur, and almond extract. Whisk in 1 egg at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in almond paste and almonds. Form into 2 10”x4” loaves, place on a silicone mat-lined baking sheet, cover, and chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Remove cover from loaves and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool, 15 minutes. Transfer loaves to a cutting board and cut into ½” thick slices. Return slices to baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. Turn cookies over and bake another 10 minutes. Remove from oven, top with almonds and sugar, and let cool completely.