- 1 lb dried pasta, such as linguine or pappardelle
- Olive oil
- 1/2 bu asparagus, cut into 1" lengths
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes halved, seeded, and diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 oz prosciutto, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for garnish
- Fresh lemon zest, for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 10-13 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil and asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Add shallot and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook about 5 minutes. Add prosciutto and parsley and toss to combine.
Drain pasta and add it to sauce. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Divide pasta among 4 serving bowls, sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano and lemon zest.