- 2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (10 oz) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1 medium apple, such as Fuji, Granny Smith, or Pink Lady, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, add onion and cook until translucent, 5-8 minutes. Add garlic and crushed pepper flakes and cook for additional 30 seconds.
Add cranberries, cinnamon, salt, and pepper and cook until cranberries are almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add apple, apple juice, lime zest, lime juice, brown sugar, and dry mustard. Simmer until mixture is thick and saucy and cranberries have burst, about 10 additional minutes.
Taste and adjust seasoning. Pour mixture into a bowl and place plastic wrap directly on surface of sauce. Let cool to room temperature and serve or cover and refrigerate. Bring chutney to room temperature before serving.
Serve with Herbed Pork Tenderloin.