- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp orange liqueur, such as dry curacao
- 1 Harmons babka bread, cut into 1" pieces (about 5 cups)
- Butter, softened, for greasing
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
- Freshly grated orange zest
In a large bowl, combine milk, cream, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and orange liqueur. Add babka and push down with a spoon. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, pushing babka into liquid occasionally.
Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 1 quart dish.
Pour bread pudding mixture into prepared pan and bake until firm and toasted in spots, 40-50 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Fill a saucepan 1/3 full with water over medium heat. In a bowl not touching water, add white chocolate and melt, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over bread pudding. Sprinkle with orange zest.