- 6 oz. ciabatta or other artisan bread, cubed
- 1 lb Harmons, thick-cut bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cobs corn, kernels removed
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 handfuls baby arugula
- 1 tsp leftover bacon drippings
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°. Place cubed bread on a baking sheet in one even layer and bake until lightly golden and crunchy, about 10 minutes.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add bacon and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until water has evaporated and bacon is crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve 1 teaspoon of drippings.
In a medium bowl, whisk bacon drippings together with lemon juice and zest, mustard, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl toss bread, bacon, corn, capers, tomatoes and arugula. Drizzle some of dressing over mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Shop this recipe here.