- 1 cup uncooked whole oat groats, barley, or wheat berries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1 cup snow peas, cut on the bias in thirds
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a saucepan over high heat, bring 4 cups water and oat groats to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 45-50 minutes. Transfer oats to a strainer. Rinse under cold running water until cool.
Meanwhile, to make vinaigrette, in a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, add oil in a slow, steady stream and continue whisking until thickened. Taste and adjust the seasoning, as desired.
In a large bowl, toss together kale, oat groats, snow peas and 1/4 cup of vinaigrette. Let stand 30 minutes.
Add blueberries and pecans, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle with feta and serve with remaining vinaigrette, if desired.