- 2 (12 oz) bottles beer, such as pilsner or lager
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 lb (5) Harmons Jalapeno Bratwurst or other bratwurst
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Harmons Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup honey Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Poppy seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Mustards, such as whole grain, for serving
In a Dutch oven over high heat, add beer, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Add bratwurst, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until bratwurst are cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plate to cool.
Lightly flour a work surface. Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Cover dough that isn’t in use. Roll out dough into a rectangle about 5” long and ¼” thick. Lightly brush lower half of dough with mustard, center a sausage on mustard-coated edge, and brush top 1” of dough with egg. Roll sausages in dough, pressing seams to tightly seal. Brush tops with more egg, then sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds. Cut dough at an angle into 1 ½” pieces. Transfer to silicone mat-lined rimmed baking sheets and repeat with remaining dough and bratwursts. Freeze for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Bake brat bites until dough is puffed and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm with mustard.