- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz Harmons Chicken Sausage
- 1 bu broccolini, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, optional
- Red pepper flakes, optional
In a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. Add sausage and cook until evenly browned on all sides, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool, about 5 minutes. Cut into ½”-thick rounds and set aside.
In same skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add the broccolini, season with salt and pepper, and cook until vibrant green and almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and orzo and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until pasta is al dente and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, return sausage to pan. Add cheese, pine nuts, if using, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Add red pepper flakes, if using and garnish with additional grated cheese, if desired.