- 1 bag Harmons steamable butternut squash (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tsp adobo sauce
- 3 oz Oaxaca or part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 3 oz 4-cheese Mexican-blend cheese, shredded and divided
- Radishes, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- green onion, sliced, for garnish
- Jalapeno, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Tortilla chips
- Celery sticks
In a microwave, steam butternut squash according to package directions. In a blender or food processor, add squash, salt, and cumin and blend until smooth.
In a medium cast-iron skillet over medium heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add corn starch and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add broth, squash puree, chipotle, and adobo sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, add 2 ounces Oaxaca cheese and 2 ounces Mexican-blend cheese and cook, stirring until cheese melts and is smooth.
Preheat oven broiler. Sprinkle remaining 1 ounce of each cheese over top. Broil until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Top with radishes, cilantro, green onion, and jalapeno. Serve with chips and celery sticks.
Nutrition per serving (about ¼ cup fundido): 70 calories; 3.5g total fat (2g saturated); 200mg sodium; 6g carbohydrates; 1g dietary fiber; 1g sugar (0g added sugar); 4g protein