- 1 1/2 tsp salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme divided
- 3/8 tsp cayenne
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (15.5 oz) can unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 oz whole grain linguine or fettuccine
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
In medium bowl, add Cajun seasoning and shrimp and toss to combine. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil. Add shrimp in an even layer and cook on first side, 2-3 minutes. Turn over and cook second side, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic, stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon thyme, cayenne and salt and continue to cook, about 3 minutes. Add bay leaves and tomatoes, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, about 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Add shrimp to sauce, stir to combine and let heat through.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Add pasta, half-and-half and remaining 1/2 tablespoon thyme to sauce and continue to cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.