- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth, kombucha with turmeric and ginger may be substituted
- 1/2 can tomatoes diced
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 16 oz spinach, kale may be substituted
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- lemon, to taste
1. In a skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots; cook them until softened.
2. Stir in the garlic and ginger until fragrant. Incorporate the spices, tomatoes, broth, and garbanzo beans.
3. Bring the stew to a boil. Remove 1/2 cup garbanzo beans and blend until smooth with the reminder cup of broth. Or just mash some garbanzo beans with the back of a spoon.
4. Add the smooth garbanzo to the skillet. Season with lemon, salt and pepper. Turn the heat off. Add the spinach and wilt with the carryover heat.