- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz Harmons hardwood smoked bacon, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 yellow onion, halved and cut into half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 qt low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 rutabaga peeled and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 pkg Harmons spiralized carrots
- 1 pkg Harmons spiralized zucchini noodles
- 2 cups shredded Harmons rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg, for garnish
- Harmons parmesan crisps, for garnish
In a heavy, large pot over medium-high heat, add oil and bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown and crisp, 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels and let drain.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat and reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cook until softened, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1minute. Return bacon to pot and add oregano, thyme, bay leaf, and broth. Bring soup to a simmer and cook 15 minutes to allow flavors to come together.
Add parsnip, turnip, rutabaga and cook for 7 minutes. Add carrots, zucchini, chicken, and sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes. Divide soup among bowls. Garnish each bowl with freshly grated nutmeg and serve with parmesan crisps.