- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2/3 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 potato, peeled and diced small
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a deep large frying pan over medium heat, add oil. Add onion and garlic and cook 1 minute. Add cumin, masala and curry powder and mix well, cooking 1 minute.
Place chicken in pan and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, cilantro, coconut milk and stock. Stir all ingredients and cover pan, simmer on medium-low until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Add potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer, covered an additional 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.